This designated Milwaukee landmark was designed by Ferry & Claus and constructed in 1904-1906. Among the most distinctive features are the huge window mullions. Other memorable elements include ornate bronze railings, limestone garlands, urns, cartouches, gargoyles, and a tiled mansard roof.
Work on this building included exterior cleaning, and the side entrance was made handicapped accessible, with a new copper pediment similar to its stone parent over the front.
Inside, the marble stairway was restored, the lobby got a new limestone floor, and an elevator was inserted into the old vault space.
The greatest challenge was the reconstruction of the side entrance to accommodate internal grade changes in a historically-sensitive way.
Completed in 2001.