In 2005 Alverno College received the largest gift in its history. The purpose of the gift was to beautify the campus. The campus was turned from “beige to beautiful.”
The project included a 520 + car parking ramp which reduced existing surface parking and reclaimed areas on the campus for gardens, green space, and NCAA soccer and softball fields.
A campus circle was created at the main entrance to the college. The circle features a fountain and monumental sculpture that has become a campus icon.
In 2008 the top three floors of 1950’s Clare Hall were renovated to house upper-class and nontraditional age students who prefer more privacy. The single rooms are very appealing and the girls are “loving it.”
2015 saw the most extensive construction project in 50 years. This work both renovation and new construction created many personal learning spaces for Alverno students.
Part of the project, the new Alexia Hall, was built to house the JoAnn McGrath School of Nursing creating a state-of-the-art Nursing Simulation Center.