University of Wisconsin – Madison
Lathrop Hall, first dedicated in 1910, has served over the years as a social and recreational center for University women. When it first opened, Lathrop Hall had a gymnasium, a bowling alley, a cafeteria and a swimming pool. This grand and historic building has been beautifully restored to meet the needs of students well into the 21st century. Dance and movement studios, classrooms and an elegant “old fashioned parlor” have all been renovated. The most notable transformation is that of the old gym into a new, state of the art, 240 seat auditorium designed specifically for dance.