University of Wisconsin – Madison
The Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, located on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus is a visionary public-private partnership housing twin interdisciplinary research institutes: the private Morgridge Institute for Research and the public Wisconsin Institute for Discovery. These twin institutes are dedicated to improving human health by accelerating scientific discovery through an interdisciplinary collaboration of scientists working in the fields of biotechnology, engineering, computer science and nanotechnology.
It was the first laboratory building in Wisconsin to achieve LEED Gold certification.
- Research & Development Magazine Laboratory of the Year – 2012
- U.S. Green Building Council Innovation in Green Building Award – 2012
- AIA Wisconsin Merit Award – 2011
- InBusiness Commercial Design Award – Best New Development or Renovation, Best Green-Built Project, Best Overall Building – 2011
- Madison Trust for Historic Preservation Award – Future Landmark Award for Innovative New Design – 2011
- Wisconsin Green Building Alliance Focus on Energy Award of Excellence – 2011
- Construction Management Association of America Project Award – 2011
- Pro AV Spotlight Award – Best Education AV Project – 2011
- Construction Owners Association of America Project Leadership Award – Gold – 2011
- Engineering News Record Midwest’s Best Project – Higher Education/Research – 2011
- Wisconsin Masonry Alliance Excellence in Hardscape – Commercial Natural Stone Projects Best Natural Stone Commercial Application (Gold) – 2011
- Wisconsin Commercial Real Estate Women Impact Award – Judge’s Choice – 2011
- Daily Reporter Top Project – Best In Show – 2010