The restoration of the 1870’s Edward Diederich “Lion” House included an addition at the rear of the building, and major interior and exterior renovation of the original home to serve as the headquarters for the Milwaukee-based Lynde & Harry Bradley Foundation.
The Hawley House was purchased several years after completion of the Lion House to fill a need for additional office and board room space for the Foundation. The work included extensive interior restoration and renovation. The exterior was restored back to its original condition with the addition of the copper clad turret on the street facade, new slate roof, and decorative metal flashings and new windows.
Completed in 1999.